It’s the festive season, year 2019 is happily winding up and there are different mega shows springing up to celebrate the close of the year’s activities. As much as you would like to socialise and have fun in this season, please stay safe . Don’t get carried away with the crowd’s merry making to the neglect of your safety.
Here are some safety tips for you in a crowd
- As soon as you enter the hall or venue of any event, watch out for the exits in case of any emergency. Make sure you know where the exits are.
- Consider leaving if the crowd seems to be getting out of control.
- Don’t wear loose clothing or accessories that could become tangled or pulled in case of emergency rush
- Wear closed-toe shoes and keep the laces properly tied to prevent tripping.
- Avoid standing on or near structures that could collapse.
- Walk around crowds rather than pushing through them.
- Leave early or late to avoid the rush when the event is over.
- If you go out with your children, keep a diligent eye on them. Remind younger children to avoid strangers, and help them identify police officers or officials to go to when lost. Place your phone number in your child’s pocket in case you’re separated.
- Keep your phone charged and on. Program it to vibrate as well as ring.
As much as no one prays or hopes for unpleasant occurrences, it is important to have an emergency plan and always stay alert to your environment.
Have a blissful and safe end of the year jollification. You are welcome to support HEI in this festive season, as we help others to live better in this season of joy and giving.