It is no gainsaying that health is wealth. Health goes beyond fitness of the body. It is the complete state of the body, mind and every other human component. However, everyday life challenges can make you lose the wholeness of your health even without realizing it. The good news is that you have been equipped with all that you need to stay completely healthy. All you need is to harness what you have.
Guess you are asking “What do I have to help my state of health?”
You have ENDORPHINS, the innate anti-depressants, pain reliever and mood enhancer. They are manufactured in your brain, spinal cord, and many other parts of your body.
Endorphins are released in response to brain chemicals called neurotransmitters. The human body produces endorphins naturally and as an individual concerned about the wholeness of your health, you need to intentionally enhance your endorphin levels.
Here Are 5 Ways You Can Naturally Boost Your Endorphin Levels
- Exercise Regularly: Research has revealed that people who exercise regularly gain positive boost in mood and lower rates of depression. When you exercise, your body releases chemicals called endorphins. These endorphins interact with the receptors in your brain that reduce your perception of pain. Endorphins trigger a positive feeling in the body and also act as analgesics.
- Volunteering, Donating: Volunteering, donating, and helping others have been validated by researchers as a means of enhancing endorphin levels. The sense of fulfillment that comes with giving or identifying with a charitable cause makes a person feel good, thereby the pleasure centres in the brain are activated.
- Yoga and Meditation: The stress-relieving and relaxing effects of yoga and meditation are achieved as a result of increased release of endorphins when these activities are done.
- Dark Chocolate: Endorphin levels in the body is also enhanced by the intake of dark chocolate. Different Studies have revealed that cocoa powder and chocolate contain chemicals called flavonoids that helps the brain in the production of endorphins.
- Laughing: The health benefits of laughter cannot be overemphasized, and studies over the years have proved that social laughter releases endorphins in the brain.
Health Emergency Initiative (HEI) as a non-profit organisation that focuses on providing succor to vulnerable/indigent patients recognizes the value of sound health hence we proclaim that NONE SHOULD DIE. In order to accelerate your wholesome living, reduce your chances of depression and tap into the valid anti-depressant of giving. You can increase your endorphins by donating to HEI lifesaving causes. Every individual can live better, enjoy sound health by helping others live better.