Driving on Lagos roads can be a hell of an experience. It takes little to nothing to get a Lagosian angry when he is driving his polished “that-car-cost-me-2 million!” car. For me, the everyday drama on our roads is proof that most Lagosians lack that valuable trait called “patience” and for those who are incredibly patient on most matters, when it comes to driving on Lagos roads, it becomes a difficult test of endurance, patience and love.
I think if we can add patience to these five tips when driving in Lagos, every driver and passenger will enjoy being on Lagos highways
1. Yield to pedestrians: As a driver you should be cautious of those walking by the road side. Don’t drag movement with them.
2. Don’t park or slow down in the middle of a highway to greet a friend or to fight
3. Danfo drivers believe they are immortal. Never yield to the temptation to teach them otherwise. You will only blame yourself in the end.
4. When overtaking, always turn to look at the next person eyeball to eyeball and get some sort of acknowledgment, just because you never know if he/she will let overtake.
5. Never get in the way of a car that needs extensive bodywork, except you want to spend your whole day fixing your car. #TheyHaveNothingToLose