Road Safety Tips
Over 1.35million people die in a year as a result of road traffic accident yet as the country develops the number of vehicles on our road increases
· Obey the rules of the road and carry your driver’s licence with you.
· Use your seat belt
· Drive defensively! Risk takers are collision makers!
· Avoid all distractions -Keep both eyes on the road and hands on the steering wheel!
· Be visible – drive with your lights on!
· Stay within the speed limit at all times
· Be especially alert when approaching traffic lights, intersections and level crossings
· Only overtake when it is absolutely safe to do so!
· Avoid driving on the blind spot of other vehicles.
· Be courteous towards fellow road users – keep your temper and resist the temptation to retaliate.
· Be cautious when driving alone, and avoid stopping in remote areas.
…obey traffic rules. Safety first!